Thursday, May 10, 2007

Getting started

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
I'm starting this blog over here in the dark, secret place of blogger, where my friend and family won't see what I'm doing. I guess I'm ok with talking about my weight with strangers, but not with people I actually know. Like they don't know I need to lose weight? What's up with that? Maybe it's because I'm afraid of failure. I'm afraid that if I post my goals and what I'd like to accomplish and then I fail (yet again), then I'll be embarrassed. Well, here goes.....

I currently weigh 214.8. There, I said it. I know it's obvious to other people that I'm fat, but for some reason I have a hard time admitting it to myself. When I look in the mirror I see a normal looking person. But when I look at myself in pictures, I can tell that I am fat. I try to avoid pictures.

But I'm going to join in to this here weight loss challenge, hosted by Tales from the scales. It runs from May to September, which is the perfect time to redo my eating and exercise habits. To stop snacking in secret and feeling bad about myself. It's time to be honest about my goals and accept my failures. It's time to stop making excuses.

My name is Paige and I have a weight problem.
"Hi, Paige."
I currently weigh 214.8. I want to weigh 170. That's roughly 45 pounds I would like to not have. Please join me as I change my life.

1 comment:

Denise said...

I will be praying for you, and cheering for you. I am taking the challenge too.