Thursday, June 7, 2007

On yoga and wedding cake

This morning I went to yoga. The instructor, LeeAnn, is the yoga queen, as far as I'm concerned. She's been doing this class at a local church building for 6 years now, I believe. She teaches at a lot of other places, but this class she does for free. I've gone off and on for many years, and I was going last summer, but had to stop when school started, because I couldn't go at 8am. I do have kids who have to go to school, and that was right at the critical time. But now it's summer, and 8am is doable. I left the kids with Cole in charge (he's 13) and said, "I'm not sure if they still do yoga, but if they do, I'm going." It was great. I have missed it. We were working on doing the crow, where you squeeze your knees in around your ams, and my thighs started shaking. I guess I have no muscle strength in my thighs, or...well...anywhere in my body. I'm going to be sore tomorrow, that's for sure. But it's a good sore.

Now, I've been doing really well on the no sugar thing. Until...... I decided to have a piece of wedding cake at a wedding reception tonight. I shouldn't have done it. It was yummy and all, and very sweet, but really, I should have been stronger. I passed on the eclairs and little mini cakes. I was fine eating my chicken salad sandwich and fresh fruits. But then we saw they were cutting the cake, and the kids all wanted pieces, and I went over to get one for John, and justified myself into eating a piece. Yes, we all make mistakes. I'll do better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

That's awesome that she'll do yoga for free!