Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Social Exerciser

I'm totally a social exerciser. When walking with a friend, we can do 4 miles. Well, we've done it twice so far, but we hope to do it again at least once this week. I can do my 30 minutes of working hard at Curves 3 times a week. But when it comes to working out at home by myself, I sadly wimp out. I only did 30 minutes on the treadmill this morning. Mostly because I had to come up from the basement and get the girls ready for school. But I can't seem to get myself to go back down there and do any more. It's just so boring. And tapes or exercise shows? I do a few minutes and then say to myself, this is too hard, and I quit. And those magazine articles that show the 8 or 10 most important exercises that I keep ripping out? Ha! You've got to be kidding! Work out to a page from a magazine? Like that's going to happen. I really need the accountability of working out in a group. A class, a walking buddy or a gym full of people who may or may not be looking at me--that's what I need to keep going.

But now that I realize this about myself, it will help me plan better. I can't tell myself that I'll do an hour a day on the treadmill, because that would be a lie. And a lie to myself is still a lie.

But, since I'm still in my workout clothes and still sweaty from that earlier 30 minutes, I'm going to go back down there and see if I can't pound out another 20 minutes while watching Regis and Kelly on our crappy tv.

No comments: