Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Walking

Hello. Ok, it's been a while since I've written, but that's because I really don't feel like I have much of value to say. I've been going to Curves for over a month, and lost ZERO pounds. I try to eat and cut out sugar, but I'm failing at that. Today I put on my new shoes (did I tell you I won free shoes from RYKA? Go to www.Ryka.com to enter to win your own!) and put John in the jogger stroller and said we were going to for a walk. I was actually prepared with a book and a toy for him, MP3 player and sunglasses for me, along with the cell phone and a bottle of water. I had a few books to return to a friend, and I figured that would be a good, although long walk.

We made it. It took me over an hour, what with stopping there for a minute to see if she was home and getting a drink. There's one big hill that we had to go up and down, but the rest was quite level. By the time we got to her house, I thought "What was I thinking?! Why on earth would I think I could walk this far AND BACK!" I wanted to quit, but since I was 2.1 miles from my house (I looked it up when I got home), we had to turn around and come back home. When we passed our church, which is still about 3/4 a mile from home, I rejoiced. I'm almost home!!!

My little boy was such a good boy in the stroller the whole time I told him we could stop at his friend's house when we were done and see if he could play. When I got there, I thought I would just about die. "Oh, you've been out walking," she said when she saw my sweaty red face and jogger stroller. When I told her where I had walked, she said, "That's a 5K!" Wow, I hadn't thought of that. She tried to convince me that it would be really fun for a bunch of us to run/walk a 5k together. Ha! She's a runner. She runs 3 miles at a time while this is the very first time I've walked 4 miles. But, yes, I told her I would think about it.

So, now it looks like I'll be "training" for a 5k.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I have been struggling to get my pregnancy weight off and am FINALLY back on track. For me, the first week is the toughest to commit to. If I can make it over that hump, I am in the swing of things.

Here's for hoping we BOTH melt away those pounds!