Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sabotage

I must be out to sabotage MYSELF. The day started out great, and I went to Curves and did my time. Then I had oatmeal for breakfast. Then I packed up my four year old in the jogger stroller and went for a walk. I decided to go up the BIG hill. It's a mile from start to finish, and it's quite steep. And I DID IT!! I'm actually so proud of myself that I made it up that hill! I didn't know I could do that, and look at me, I did it! I picked up my son's friend on the way home, and the two of them played while I took a shower and got ready for the day. After feeding them lunch, I had a reasonable lunch of a medium potato and 1/2 cup of chili.

I took the kids to school, ran some errands and got a ticket (long story--don't want to get into that right here) and picked up the kids from preschool. By the time I got home, my other kids were home from school, they were all hungry, wanted things from mom at the same time, and it was the time of death for diets----3:20 in the afternoon. First I grabbed a Kashi granola bar. That's a sensible choice! As I was getting snacks for the kids, my hunger and frustration with the chaos around me told me I needed something more. As I was putting groceries away, I discovered the Fast Break bars I had put in the freezer. The force of the hungries took over and I reached out and grabbed one. Before I knew it, it was in my mouth. But I didn't stop there. I had yet another fast break bar (the small ones, by the way!) and a cookie. Then there were only two more cookies in the container, so I guess it's my duty to eat them. We wouldn't want only two cookies in the container, would we?

By the time dinner came around, I already felt full.

What is wrong with me? Why can I not have a tiny ounce of control? Am I such a weak person that I cannot control myself just for 1/2 an hour until the hungries die down?

Well, if I HAD any self control, I wouldn't be fat, would I?

1 comment:

Jan B said...

I am going to write this because I have been right where you are right now. My sister is a thin person who gave me this tip and I am passing it onto you. She said, "When I have a craving and am really hungry I ask myself, 'Would I like some green beans?' If the answer is no, then I know I am just craving and not really hungry. When I get hungry enough to eat green beans, then I know I am really hungry."

I like canned vegetables now and find that many times a can of green beans, asparagus, mixed vegetables, yams (without syrup) are simply wonderful! And they are less than 100 calories per CAN! Isn't that great. They fill you up and the hungries go away. Just don't butter them. I use I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray if I really need something, but 99% of the time I just use a little salt on them.