Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Tales from the Scales check in

I've been a little bit negative here lately. And that's not really helping things, as far as I can tell. As far as my tales from the scales weigh in goes, I'm only down .2 this week. I had lost another pound, but the weekend of eating whatever I felt like (and having those dang mini fast break bars in the house) brought me back up. But I've been good on the exercise. And yesterday, my friends, I did not cave to the afternoon munchies.

I went to a new exercise class in the morning, and worked out for almost an hour with cardio and strength training with those bill exercise balls. It was HARD. Then after a shower, I had to run to the school to help out with their awards party from the fundraiser walk-a-thon. We got to scoop ice cream for all the kids. I scooped my way through a 5 gallon bucket, and ended up all sticky from ice cream. And YES, I did have a small bowl of ice cream myself.

When I came home, instead of staying in the house and puttering around cleaning like I normally would do, I tackled the outside job of cleaning up the flower beds. It involved lots of digging, pulling, chopping, etc. So, I guess that would count as another workout. I ate a reasonable portion of dinner, and then was done. So, by being outside all during my own personal "witching hour", which is about 1-4 pm, I avoided all the munchies and binging.

Yeah me! So, I'm down a total of 2.2 pounds. Not a lot, but at least I'm moving in the right direction.

5 comments:

Mama Bear June said...

Good for you, beating those afternoon munchies! Congrats on the loss - any loss is progress!
Path to Health

Thea said...

Banish that word "only" when you have a loss! It doesn't matter how big or small, a loss is a loss!! That's great, congrats!

Good luck this week!

Tara said...

hey its tara, here is the website i was talking about where i made the extra summer cash.......... the website is here

Shauna said...

Hi! My daughter drew your name out of a hat for my PIF giveaway of The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency! Email me your address information and I'll get it out to you.

Kathleen Marie said...

Wow! So proud of you for giving this your all. I know it is hard.

But, you have won PIF so stop on over!