Monday, October 22, 2007

Training

I may have mentioned before that my neighbor was trying to rope me into doing a 5K. Can you believe it? Me, do a 5K? Well, I signed up. What was I thinking? A bunch of ladies from the neighborhood are going to walk it together, and it may be kind of fun. Kind of fun if I could walk 3 miles without huffing and puffing. I'm afraid I'm going to slow my skinny in-shape friends down. But do it, I will.

So, this week, I've got to get three 2 1/2-3 mile walks in. I just did 50 minutes on the treadmill and managed 2 1/2 miles. I was talking to my sister on the phone for the first mile, so I wasn't going very fast, but it made the time go by faster. I guess that's the point of doing this thing together, so we can have someone to maybe talk to and keep us going.

Wish me luck. The "race" is on Saturday.

1 comment:

Lisa Kay said...

Way to go!!

Signing up for a 5k may force me to get into better workouts and training - thanks for your inspiration!

Lisa Kay