Saturday, December 8, 2007

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Whew! December is So busy, isn't it? I'm pleased to say that I have survived the worst of my stress and I'm still standing. Last night was our big concert for the bell choir, and it went well. We've also just finished up with band and orchestra for the kids, and they had their concert Thursday night. I'm super thankful that I didn't have rehearsal that night, so I was able to attend that. Now that that's over, neither girl has to leave early in the morning this week, so that is a relief to me (they've had to be there at 7 am or 7:30 every day this week. I just don't like to be out of the house quite so early, do you?)

And today I have NO rehearsals, only a party and some cleaning and present wrapping to do. Next week will be extremely busy, as we're a part of the Tabernacle Choir Christmas concerts. That means I'll be gone Tuesday night-Friday nights, and then most of the day on Saturday. And Sunday morning. So, yes, the family will have to fend for themselves a lot, but they can do it. It also means it will be a struggle to keep up with the exercise. But I think I can still do 4 days a week, although they might not be the best workouts ever.

Sadly, I've fallen off the sugar wagon again, and I don't think I have the strength and will power to keep it up at the moment. My healthy eating goal for the week will be to plan ahead, and to make sure I eat 3-4 servings of fruits and veggies every day. No, it's not the 5-7 servings I know I should be getting, but I'm trying to be realistic here.

Even though it's a very busy time, I've got a handle on things. My Christmas presents are decided and purchased, although I may still pick up a few last minute things. I'm enjoying the snow and the fun of the season. I just don't like driving in it--eek!

What are you doing to cope with the December stress?

1 comment:

Emily said...

oh my gosh!!!

are you in the bell choir? i saw a concert at the conference center last night, and now that i think of it, one of the ladies ringing looked just like you!!

if it was you, then great job! we really enjoyed the concert. :)