Tuesday, January 29, 2008

cupcake fiasco

It's my little girl's birthday tomorrow. Today I made lots and lots of cupcakes. 3 different kinds of cupcakes, and then I'm going to frost them and somehow make toadstools or something out of them for her upcoming fairy party. Or so I thought.

Since they frost easier if they are frozen, and since it's a frozen tundra wasteland out there, I covered a tray of cupcakes with foil, and set it out on the trailer in the garage. Cold enough to freeze, but it's not going to get snow on it like outside.

Until the whole tray somehow fell off the trailer and onto the garage floor. Well, not ALL of them fell on the floor. A few of them landed on a stroller. Yippee. Now, I don't know about you, but I just wouldn't feel right about giving these cupcakes to...well, anyone, so I threw them all in the trash. There was also a great deal of stomping around on my part, I'll tell you.

Now I get to repeat the whole process (well, not the falling on the floor part, but the rest of it) tomorrow. Ugh.

2 comments:

Missie said...

Oooh, I hate it when stuff like that happens. You poor girl! Well, you can always use this story to guilt your daughter when she's older.."What? You're putting me in THAT nursing home? Remember the time I made toadstools out of cupcakes for your fairy party? Well, I put them on top of the trailer....."

Kari & Kijsa said...

Oh- what a day!! Hopefully the next batch will make it safely! Thanks for entering our giveaway!

blessings,
kari & kijsa