Sunday, February 24, 2008

Fell off the sugar wagon

Um. I'm a failure. Really. I'm not going to lie to you and tell you I've been trying my hardest on the sugar thing. I kind of gave up yesterday. In fact, as my husband came up to our room last night, there I was eating ice cream out of the carton, in bed.

"Um, I'm pretty sure that has sugar in it," he said.

"Yeah, about that. I'm kind of off the sugar wagon. Or on it. I'm on a break." I had to admit.

This break just so happens to coincide with Robin's birthday, who is my partner in Lent. She's not giving up sugar for her birthday, so I got weak, too. And it also happens to be that time of the month (joy, joy!). So, today I start back up again.

I don't know why it's so dang hard. It's just sweets.

2 comments:

Scale Junkie said...

its hard because they are addictive. Do you like sugar free stuff? I love cutting an apple into slices and dipping it in Dannon Lite and Fit vanilla yogurt, carb and sugar control. Sweet and delicious! The strawberries are pretty yummy too. Did you see my "strawberry ice cream" recipe? Its great with frozen peaches or any frozen fruit. Get creative. If you must have ice cream, try the no sugar added variety, Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are delish! Just hang in there, you can do this!!

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Oh, how I know your heart- you want to be thin. Why? Have you wondered why? I, too, have struggled with food and body image issues.

When I read that you are observing Lent, then I think you are Christian. Do you know how God sees you?

Please visit me at my blog. I would love to talk with you about these things and share my struggles/victories with you.

Blessings!