Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Snow and Sugar. We've got too much of both of them.

I can't take the snow! STOP SNOWING!!

Ok, I just had to get that off my chest. February is such a short, yet depressing month, isn't it? And to make things even more depressing, starting tomorrow I'll be giving up sugar for 40 days for Lent. No, I'm not Catholic, but my friend, Robin and I have been doing this yearly Lent thing for many years. Always giving up sugar. Last year I was quite successful. Other years, I've caved and given up.

This year I will do it. NO SUGAR FOR ME. So, don't even think about that nice package of homemade cookies you were going to send me. That will just have to wait until after Easter, thank you very much.

So, wish me luck, and check back. I'll be posting a daily update on how I'm doing.

2 comments: