Monday, February 25, 2008

What a dress!


Did you catch the Oscars last night? I must admit that I didn't watch very much of it, but it is there on the old tivo should I decide I need to see any of it today. But I did see Helen Mirren in that fabulous red dress. Wow! That is one amazing dress, and she looked wonderful in it. It got me thinking. If I were to be nominated for an academy award in say....Best Supporting Mom or something like that, what in heaven's name would I wear? I mean, is there a dress that says "overweight suburban housewife" yet still looks good? I doubt there are designers out there doing dresses for that particular body type.

5 comments:

MommyKnows said...

The dress is fab!

Thanks for stopping by my blog this week.

MommyKnows

Kathleen Marie said...

I did watch the Oscars and BORING is the word but I was so thrilled Daniel Day Lewis won and so bummed Cate Blanchett didn't win. I so agree Helen Mirren looked fabulous as did Heidi Klum (or should we say Mrs. Seal?). And I know Kathy Bates and a few other larger women have worn some nice dresses but I would rather be at least a size 10 before I ever did such a thing and they should have the Best Mom category! Hugs!

dawn224 said...

Helen Mirren is fabulous!

Megan said...

I absolutely loved Helen's dress from the moment I saw it. I was totally surprised when it was cropping up all over the worst dressed lists. Who knows what they were thinking?

CAP said...

I love red and was excited to see so much at the Oscars. The Red Carpet is my favorite part. I'm not big into fashion, but I love to see dresses. This year seemed really conservative and filled with graceful, flowing dresses. I loved it.