Monday, April 28, 2008

Going through the motions

Ugh. After a weekend of eating too much and having a party last night with cake and ice cream...Today I just couldn't get my butt in gear to be motivated on the treadmill. I was listening for a contest on the radio, and they were just blabbering on, instead of playing music. So, I walked for 2 miles. And didn't enjoy it at all. But--I did it. I actually pulled myself up by my bootstraps and jogged the last 1/4 mile, but then I had to stop and make sure the kids were ready enough for school. So, even though I didn't feel like exercising, and I didn't give it 100%, I at least did it.

And my four year old tells me:
I had a sliver, but I feeded it with soap and water and then it went away. But Hunter (that's his best friend) likes slivers and wants to keep them all.


Wow. I had no idea. Thanks for shedding that light on the matter, son.

What do you do when it feels like you are just going through the motions?

3 comments:

Emily said...

cooking dinner when i have a migraine. :) that takes a lot less energy than walking two miles, though! go, paige!

nicole said...

Way to go--getting up there and doing it when you don't feel like it is a huge victory! When I'm feeling challenged to take a day off I promise myself some kind of little reward. That usually helps. Or I just guilt myself into doing it. Keep up the good work!

dawn224 said...

sometimes I just have to start over. Like take a bit off (day or weekend) and really sit myself down and get my head back in the game ...

hm. should be taking my own advice..