Saturday, May 10, 2008

Ups and Downs

Well, I've not had the best first few day on WW. I blame the sugar cookies, that I foolishly baked for coaches and teachers. Yesterday as I was frosting them, I think I must have eaten four. I wrote down the first two. Ugh.

But! And there is a big but, here, not just My big butt--this morning I went out and did a 5K around the neighborhood. I went with some friend to prepare for our 5K that we are doing next Saturday, Running with Angels. I did the whole thing...some jogging mostly walking, and I did it in about 50 minutes, which is about the time it takes me on the treadmill, too, so I'm pretty proud of myself.

So, today, I'm going to not go over my points allowance, and I already exercised for an hour, so I've got a pretty good start to the day. And if I blew it yesterday, oh well. I can just start over today and try harder, right?

I heard that each time you make the right decision, it makes it easier to keep making the right choices. So, each day that I follow the plan, it should get a little easier, right?

I hope so.

1 comment:

Emily said...

i think the decision thing must be right; because you're getting into habits. if you're making healthier habits or the habit of doing 5k (go you!) then you'll be in the habit of being active! don't get yourself down. :) you're doing great, just keep up the good work.