Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm mad at my body

It's weigh in day for week one of my biggest loser challenge. I was excited to step on the scale. I've seriously stayed within my points for the whole week. I avoided the cookies, eating only two sugar cookies in the whole week. I've exercised four out of five days for an hour each day. I've eaten more fruits and vegetables, and most of all, I've been HUNGRY. It's been HARD.

And I step on the scale to see that I've lost two pounds. TWO POUNDS!? What the hell is that? When I weighed mid week I was down three pounds, and now I've lost a measly two pounds? How could you do that to me, body? What is up with that? I obeyed the rules, I deprived myself of sugar, I walked around grumpy and tired and had a miserable week and all you can do for me is lose 2 pounds.

I feel like crying. In fact, I am crying. Why is this so dang hard, and even when I do what I'm supposed to do, it doesn't seem to work?

Oh, and my husband, who had the stomache flu lost 5 1/2 pounds in one day, thank you very much. Maybe I SHOULD have kissed him more and gotten that bug. Then at least I'd have some weight loss to show for my pain and suffering.

Well, as much as I'd like to sit here and type all day about how mad I am at my stupid fat body, I've got to take my kids to their basketball games.

3 comments:

SeaShore said...

Congratulations on your 2 lb loss. Look, it really is good!

I had a bang-on week, didn't eat all of my flex or activity points, exercised 4 days, went to bed hungry, and I gained 0.6 lbs. Gained.

I'm sorry that it wasn't the loss you were hoping for, but your hard work will pay off. It will.

Emily said...

Slow and steady wins the race?

I do think that although it's not dramatic, it is a healthy amount to lose in a week. :)

I have gone off sugar and white carbs before, and the first week or so is the hardest. It gets easier!

Claire said...

Thanks for entering my giveaway...the stomach flu really CAN take off the pounds...