Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Still grumpy, still just as fat

I've been sticking to those points, and I'm exercised faithfully two days in a row. And I've lost one whole pound. I'm a little frustrated that it's only one pound. I mean I've been starving for 3 whole days here. And with all the cookie making and decorating, I only ate ONE sugar cookie on Monday, and then on Tuesday I did eat two frosted graham crackers. But I ate salad for both lunch AND dinner. Come ON! One pound? Ugh. Oh, and yesterday at my exercise class, I used 8 pound weights instead of the normal 5 pound ones. Today I'm sore.

So, to lighten the mood, I found this GREAT exercise routine for you. It's called the potato method.



Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of
room at each side. With a 5-lb potato sack in each hand, extend your
arms straight out from your sides and hold them there as long as you
can. Try to reach a full minute, and then relax.

Each day you'll find that you can hold this position for just a bit
longer.

After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb potato sacks. Then try 50-lb
potato sacks and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a
100-lb potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more
than a full minute. (I'm at this level.)

After you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each sack.

1 comment:

Scale Junkie said...

Its not just a pound its a pound in the right direction. You're working towards a goal and it takes time. Its better to lose a pound in a year than to give up and wake up a few years from now 50 or 100 pounds heavier and wonder how and the heck did I get here...been there done that. A pound is something to be proud of of..I think YOU ROCK!