Wednesday, March 10, 2010

It's me or the donuts

Last night we had to go return a redbox movie at the grocery store. We were on kind of a high from a VERY exciting basketball game, and I told the kids we could get donuts. After 7 pm, the donuts go on sale for all the donuts you can fit in a box for $2.99. So, we stuffed in about 15 donuts and went home, and I made some kids VERY happy. I also grabbed some french bread that was day old. I seriously ate almost half the loaf of bread while they gobbled down donuts. I had to have something to eat myself, since I hadn't had dinner yet.

This morning, I allowed them to pack a donut in their lunches, and then there were still 5 or 6 of those evil donuts in the box. I asked my 13 year old to take them to her carpool and offer them around. You would have thought I asked her to go to school naked or something. "What? What will I say? What if they don't want them? What if they think I'm weird?" she asked. Who is going to think you are weird for offering them a donut? I don't get it. I forced her to take the box with her. Hopefully I won't go outside and see a smooshed box of donuts on the floor.

But those donuts HAD to go. I didn't eat any last night, but during the day--when there's nobody here but me and the donuts--I could see that my iron will might waver, and I could end up facedown in a box of donuts. And nobody wants to see that happening.

2 comments:

requirebuyer said...

However, there is another less time consuming true religion outletway to get cheap and trendy baby clothes - by buying them at wholesale prices on the internet. Mothers erroneously believe babyliss Prothat cheap wholesale baby clothes are only available in gigantic lots, Honda Fairingsbut that really isn't true.

raybanwayfareroutlet.com said...

lunettes de soleil femmes Lunettes de soleil, l'affranchissement des Grands rapide et le service