Friday, March 5, 2010

so much for accountability

Well, I didn't do so great with the whole posting everything I've eaten. But now it's the time of Lent, and even though I am not Catholic, I've given up the SUGAR. I had a bit of a rocky start, but now we are over two weeks into this, and I am doing pretty well. Yesterday, when I went into the Kindergarten class to volunteer, they were having cake to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday. The kindergarten teacher offered me a piece of YUMMY cake. Normally, I would have taken a piece. But NO, I did not. And then a bunch of friends from the neighborhood went out to lunch to celebrate a birthday, and my friend the candy maker had brought bags of samples. I seriously wasn't even tempted! But then I came home, and wanted something sweet. I made sugar free pudding for me and the kids for dessert. Not too bad. I am losing about a pound a week, though, so that's a good thing. I bought some seriously overpriced Hershey's sugar free chocolate yesterday, and I've decided I can have one piece per day.

Have you given up something for Lent? Is it getting easier?

3 comments:

Emily said...

I haven't given anything up for Lent. I *have* given up sugar and white carbs before. It was rough at first, but got so much easier. Like you said, after a while, you just stop craving it.

requirebuyer said...

buying outfits that you like in threeHogan Scarpe progressive sizes will get you through the first year with a littleFranklin Marshall Store more ease and less stress at this crucial time in the baby's D&G sunglasseslife as they need a lot of attention.

raybanwayfareroutlet.com said...

great point. Can't agree anymore. 2012elitenfljerseys.